Research & Extension
Antonio Beitia, AEAB Master's student, earns "Best Poster Award" for his work titled “Economic Assessment of a Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza Outbreak in Washington and Benton Counties in Arkansas” at the International Poultry Scientific Forum 2017 in Atlanta, Georgia.
A part of our department's mission is to conduct agricultural economics research that benefits the citizens of the State of Arkansas, the U.S. and the world. Both undergraduate and graduate students have the opportunity to become involved in research and to expand upon their educational experience.
Graduate Student Research Theses
- "Evaluating Economic and Environmental Impacts of Changing Herd Sire Genetics on Arkansas Cow-Calf Operations" by Daniel Keeton (advisor Dr. Michael Popp)
- "Two Studies on Childhood Obesity: Effect of Obesity on Academic Achievement and Effect of Food Store Access on Diet Quality" by Gaogao Yu (advisor Dr. Mike Thomsen)
- "Economic Implications of Extreme Heat Effects on Rice Yield and Milling Quality in Arkansas" by Nathaniel Lyman (advisor Dr. Lanier Nalley)
- "Impact of Hybrid Rice on Food Security A Spatial Equilibrium Analysis of Global Adoption and Diffusion of Hybrid Rice Varieties" by Till Ludwig (advisor Dr. Eric Wailes)
- "The Potential Environmental Benefits of Hybrid Rice Varieties" by Haxhire Myrteza (advisor Dr. Lanier Nalley)
- "Market Analysis of Fresh Berries in the United States" by Kristina Sobekova (advisor Dr. Mike Thomsen)
- "Socio-Demographic and Economic Determinants of Food Deserts" by Zhongyi Wang (advisor Dr. Rudy Nayga)
- "Soybean Maturity Group Tradeoffs: Irrigation, Weed Control, and Nitrogen Fixation" by Ryan Wegerer (advisor Dr. Mike Popp)
- "Evaluating Economic Impacts of Switchgrass Harvest Time" by Nathanial E. Cahill (advisor Dr. Michael Popp)
- "What Factors Influence Consumers' Willingness to Purchase and Consume Carbon-Labeled Rice. A comparative study between Arkansas and Belgium" by John Kelley (advisor Dr. Eric Wailes)
- "Investing in an Agricultural Legacy" by L. Paul Goeringer (advisor Dr. H. L. Goodwin)
- Feed the World with Genetically Modified Rice Research Website
- Global Rice Marketing and Research Policy
Programs and Centers
- Division of Agriculture Field Days
- UA Research & Extension Centers
- UA Cooperative Extension
- Agricultural Statistics Lab
- Choices magazine - an online peer-reviewed magazine published by the AAEA for readers interested in the policy and management of agriculture, the food industry, natural resources, rural communities, and the environment.